Acentech is pleased to announce Acentech’s President, Benjamin Markham, and Principal Michael Bahtiarian have been recognized for their significant contributions in the fields of architectural acoustics…
"I enjoy my work in this field because it requires you to know a little about nearly everything — including people."
Mike Bahtiarian is an accomplished noise control engineer in the field of acoustical and vibration engineering, specializing in environmental acoustics, noise control, and sound and vibration testing, measurement and mitigation. His engineering career spans over 30 years in consulting management for the assessment and design of noise control treatments such as barriers, enclosures, damping and vibration isolation. He has provided litigation support and expert witness testimony for dispute resolutions related to a broad range of noise and vibration issues.
Mike serves as Acentech’s Energy, Environmental and Transportation Market Co-Leader, and is responsible for marketing strategy, client development, and thought leadership.
To Infinity, and Beyond!
My ‘geek-dom’ is best recognized by the fact that I have read nearly every book on the Apollo space program. ‘Houston, Tranquility Base here, the Eagle has landed’ is one of my favorite quotes and one of the most significant to science and engineering in the last one hundred years. When I am not at work I am probably volunteering. Before my two daughters left for college I volunteered as a soccer coach, for the Girl Scouts, FIRST Robotics, Relay-for-Life and many other organizations centered on their activities. These days my wife and I volunteer for Armenian community organizations, and I have served on the Board of Directors for an Armenian youth camp in Franklin, Mass.
- Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE), Fellow
- Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE), Board Certified
- Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE-USA), William Lang Distinguished Noise Control Engineer, 2018
- NOISECON16, General Chair, Providence, RI
- Convener of Working Group that developed ANSI S2.64 and ISO-17201-1 for underwater ship noise
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering