Our employees are our greatest asset and Acentech is proud to offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits packages in the industry. Ask our employees what they love most about working at Acentech, and you’ll hear many reasons:
- Acentech consults with creative and passionate clients — from architects, designers and engineers, to end-users of concert halls, academic labs, or healthcare facilities, to name a few. We work in a highly collaborative environment, with each other and with our clients.
- Every company says they have a unique culture, but we actually do! The majority of our employees have backgrounds in music or the arts, and many continue to perform. As a whole, our consultants love sports and spending time outdoors. We like to have fun!
- You will work with outstanding and motivated colleagues, many of whom are pioneering experts in their fields. Acentech has a spirit of innovation and thought leadership that is integral to the company.
- Acentech offers a hybrid/flexible work environment. Our renovated headquarters in Cambridge features a bike rack area and an onsite shower to make your commute easier. Your workday will change daily, as Acentech offers plenty of opportunities to work beyond your desk. Our consultants routinely travel to sites around the world and present at and attend industry programs and conferences.
- Acentech is a great place for the intellectually curious. Our commitment to professional development and continuing education is a living value practiced within the firm. We actively support our staff to participate across the industry though many peer organizations, and to serve as lecturers, presenters, and board members for professional societies and academic conferences.
- Acentech is 100% employee-owned. All owners are current employees, and a majority of ownership is held by an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), in which all full time employees become participants during their second year of employment. As owners, we are the beneficiaries of our own success and the custodians of our own future. Not beholden to external entities, we have the freedom to focus on our core values and interests.
As a firm, we thrive on professional challenge, technological innovation, client collaboration, and a unique culture of creativity in many forms. We are always looking for talented individuals who share our passion and are motivated by challenges.
Acentech is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Acentech strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Senior Acoustics Consultant – Charlottesville, VA
Acoustics Consultant – Plymouth Meeting, PA
Senior Consultant, Telecommunications Design | Cambridge, MA
Noise and Vibration Consultant | Cambridge, MA
Audiovisual System Design Consultant, Hybrid Position | Cambridge, MA
Principal Consultant, Audiovisual System Design, Hybrid Position | Cambridge, MA
Senior Consultant, Security System Design | Cambridge, MA
Acoustics Consultant, Hybrid Position | Cambridge, MA
Senior Acoustics Consultant | Southern California
Senior Consultant, Telecommunications Design | Southern California
Principal Consultant, Telecommunications Design | Southern California
Acoustics Principal | Office Lead | Southern California
Interest in Future Opportunities
- 3 weeks paid vacation per year (to start)
- 11 holidays per year (10 fixed, 1 floating)
- 2 weeks paid sick and personal time
- Health insurance – 80% of the monthly premium and 100% deductibles paid by Acentech
- Fertility Assistance
- Gender Affirming Assistance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – 3x salary paid by Acentech
- Company paid Short- and Long-term disability
- Paid parental leave
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with profit sharing
- Paid membership in a peer professional society
- Paid membership in client industry associations
- Peer seminars and conferences
- Hybrid/flexible schedules
- Company matching of charitable contributions
- Lots of fun, not-strictly-work activities
- Summer hours all year round
Learn About Our Firm
Whether you’re looking to perfect the acoustics of a performance space, implement cutting-edge systems technology, or quiet a noisy product, Acentech is your resource.