Principal Consultant and acoustician Ioana Pieleanu was recently interviewed by Nick Pipitone of Propmodo on the importance of acoustical design in today’s office environments. You can…
“While pursuing my graduate degree, I attended a conference in Saratoga Springs, New York, where I met several consultants from Acentech. Between listening to their presentations and socializing with them at the horse races, it didn’t take me long to realize that this was a group of people I would like to spend more time with. So I applied for a job at Acentech and never looked anywhere else. Today, I love every aspect of my job.”
Ioana is a versatile acoustician and accomplished musician with a rich background in piano and music studies. She brings a musician’s honed ear to her acoustics practice as Director of Acentech’s Architectural Acoustics Group. Her consulting expertise encompasses room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical systems noise and vibration control. Ioana works on a variety of projects including performing arts centers and music schools, auditoriums, recording studios/critical listening spaces, K-12 education, university buildings, as well as institutional, residential and commercial facilities. She is adept at combining classical acoustics concepts and methods with 3DListening® – Acentech’s trademark acoustical modeling technology. She enjoys working with design teams and clients in crafting the best-sounding environments for their particular needs.
Ioana serves as the Market Leader of Acentech’s Studio A/Performing Arts practice and Co-Leader of our 3DListening® Services, providing marketing strategy, client development, and industry thought leadership.
Citizen of the World
I speak several languages including English, French, Spanish, Italian, and Romanian. One of my favorite quotes is “Partir c’est mourir un peu” (“To leave is to die a little” ~ Edmond Haracourt). I guess it fits my nomad tendencies.
- Academy of Neuroscience for Architecture (ANFA), Member
- Acoustical Society of America (ASA), Member
- Boston Society of Architects (BSA), Cultural Facilities Network, Co-Chair
- International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA), Member
- Mid-Atlantic Association of Museums (MAAM), Member
- Berklee College of Music, Music Acoustics Course, Assistant Professor, 2022-2023
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Master of Science in Architectural Sciences, 2004
- Berklee College of Music, Bachelor of Arts in Music Production and Sound Engineering, 2001
- Universitatea de Muzica Bucharest, Music Theory and Education, 1998
Boston University Center for Computing and Data Sciences
Eastern Connecticut State University Communications and Goddard Hall Renovation
Corporate / Commercial
Brooks School Center for the Arts
K-12 Education, Studio A: Performing Arts
Analysis Group Montreal
Corporate / Commercial
Belmont Day School – The Barn
Through research and exploration:
- Deepen understanding of acoustics and related disciplines.
- Promote interaction between design(ers) and community.
- Nurture and attract curious minds.