Michael Bahtiarian, INCE Bd. Cert
firstname.lastname@example.org 617 499 8058
What I’m Listening to Now
“I enjoy my work in this field because it requires you to know a little about nearly everything — including people.”
Mike Bahtiarian works in both the Noise and Vibration group and the Architectural Acoustics group at Acentech. He has a deep understanding of the areas of acoustics, noise control, and sound and vibration measurement. With over 32 years of experience in the field, he has extensive experience in the design of noise control treatments such as barriers, enclosures, damping, and vibration isolation. He has testified as an expert witness at least a dozen times at locations throughout the Northeast.
To infinity, and beyond!
Some of Mike’s primary interests outside of work focus on space exploration and giving back to the community: “My ‘geek-dom’ is best recognized by the fact that I have read nearly every book on the Apollo space program. ‘Houston, Tranquility Base here, the Eagle has landed’ is one of my favorite quotes and one of the most significant to science and engineering in the last one hundred years. It was said by Astronaut Neil Armstrong to NASA Mission Control, upon landing on the moon, July 20, 1969, but before stepping onto the Moon’s surface. When I am not at work I am probably volunteering. Before my two daughters left for college I volunteered as a soccer coach, for the Girl Scouts, FIRST Robotics, Relay-for-Life and many other organizations centered on their activities. These days my wife and I volunteer for Armenian community organizations, and I have served on the Board of Directors for an Armenian youth camp in Franklin, Mass.”
- Started at Acentech in 2017
- Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE) President, 2020-2022
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Board Certified Member of the Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE)
- Convener of Working Group that developed ANSI S2.64 and ISO-17201-1 for underwater ship noise
- General Chair NOISECON16 in Providence, RI