As the country moves past the COVID-19 pandemic shutdown of recent years, much attention for facility managers has been focused on how to lure employees back…
“Good acoustics allows people to be in the moment and focus on what they want to do!"
Nicole Cuff helps architects and engineers make informed project decisions regarding sound isolation, room acoustics, mechanical system noise control, and vibration isolation. She consults on a broad range of acoustic and vibration related projects, and has experience in all phases of these projects, including sound site surveys, feasibility studies, programming, design phases, specifications, construction inspections, and post-construction conformance testing.
Representative services include: acoustics in critical spaces, such as at new and existing performing arts centers, worship spaces, large atriums, lecture halls, conference rooms, classrooms, and recording studios; speech privacy in offices; airborne and impact sound isolation for residences; noise and vibration control of mechanical equipment, including control into critical spaces within a building and exterior control into the community; and environmental noise code compliance studies. She has worked in the built environment for nearly 20 years, and serves as Acentech’s K-12 Education Market Leader.
Have Music, Will Travel
Nicole’s band, The 94s, performs original music around the Boston area. They have released two albums, Undiscovered Country and Somerland, and are working on a third album for a 2022 release.
- Professional Engineer: Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont & Florida
- LEED Accredited Professional – Building Design and Construction
- Association of Learning Environments (A4LE), Member
- Roger Williams University, School of Architecture, Art and Historic Preservation, Adjunct Faculty
- Greater Boston Chapter of the Acoustical Society of America (ASA), Member (former Executive Board Member and Treasurer)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), Member
- Pennsylvania State University, Master of Engineering in Acoustics
- Boston University, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering