Like other sustainability-minded people, I worry about the continued damage to the environment and try to find ways to make the greatest impact. Hopefully, our readers…
"I really like the variety of acoustical consulting: each project comes with interesting clients and unique challenges. It is really cool to see how far the principles of good acoustics apply!"
Kristen Murphy is an acoustician with over nine years of consulting experience specializing in architectural acoustics, mechanical systems noise and vibration control, and environmental noise for a wide range of project types. As both an acoustical consultant and expert in sustainability, she assists Acentech teams and clients on how to incorporate requirements from the LEED rating systems and provides guidance to advancing human health and wellness in buildings.
She is active in the broader sustainability community, serving as a resident expert on the intersection of acoustics and sustainability with Built Environment+, regularly teaches courses and workforce training for BE+ and speaks at industry conferences. She has served as an advisor with the International Well Building Institute (IWBI) for the Sound concept.
“Go Blue! – Michigan Wolverine fans everywhere
“You’ll have to speak up, I’m wearing a towel.” – Homer Simpson
- LEED Accredited Professional for Building Design + Construction
- International WELL Building Institute (IWBI), WELL Accredited Professional
- Built Environment Plus (BE+), Member and Course Instructor
- Acoustical Society of America (ASA), Member; Leo & Gabriella Beranek Scholarship Award Committee
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Master of Science in Architectural Acoustics
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Science in Architecture