I grew up on the outskirts of a quiet and remote town, way up north. Like many teenagers, I was thrilled at the prospect of learning…
"I used to work as a film archivist, but became interested in acoustics through my hobbies of musical performance and home recording. After embarking on a project to design and build acoustic panels for my home studio, I decided to go back to school to pursue a career in the field."
Joshua Brophy is a member of Acentech’s Architectural Acoustics Group, and supports in-house teams in the areas of acoustic design and noise and vibration control on project types in healthcare and higher education to performing arts facilities and corporate commercial developments.
“The sea takes trouble from you; takes worry and fear and illusion and anger and joy and joking and plans and ambition and love from you. Takes them, scatters them, gathers them, gives them back to you not so big or important as before.” –Gordon Bok
- Boston University College of Engineering, Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering , Concentration in Acoustics 2020
- University of Amsterdam, Master of Arts in Preservation & Presentation of the Moving Image 2013
- Saint Louis University St. Louis, Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Minor in Biology 2011
Through research and exploration:
- Deepen understanding of acoustics and related disciplines.
- Promote interaction between design(ers) and community.
- Nurture and attract curious minds.