[with apologies to Charlie Parker and David Foster Wallace] Chasin’ the Bird Acentech’s role as consultants gives us the opportunity to interact with brilliant thinkers, sincere…
Music and engineering have always been two sides of the same coin for me.
Andy is an acoustical consultant with over 18 years of experience specializing in architectural acoustical design for various educational, commercial and residential facilities. He consults in the areas of noise and vibration control and environmental acoustics for a broad range of clients and project types. Prior to joining Acentech, he taught acoustics, physics and mathematics at the New England Conservatory, Berklee College of Music, and the New England Institute of Art.
It’s all about the sound
Music and engineering have always been two sides of the same coin for me. I have held several teaching appointments which paired my love of helping others and passion for science. I’ve also had the opportunity to play hundreds of gigs throughout North America with the Left Ear Trio, LeanTwo, and The Soul Revival, and as a sideman.
When I’m not playing music or enjoying time with my family, I can be found in the wilderness: rock and ice climbing, skiing, paddling, and running. On bad weather days, I enjoy spending time in the shop on my wood and metal projects.
Favorite quote: “The most that can be expected from any model is that it can supply a useful approximation to reality: all models are wrong, but some models are useful.”
– George E.P. Box
- Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE), Board Certified Member
- Acoustical Society of America (ASA), Member
- Audio Engineering Society (AES), Member
- AES TC Multi-channel and Binaural Audio Technology (AES TC-MBAT), Member
- ANSI S12.60 WG52 Working Group on Classroom Acoustics
- Robert Bradford Newman Student Award Medal, Excellence in the Study of Acoustics, 2004
- Berklee College of Music, Bachelor of Music, Music Production and Engineering