Acentech, a multi-disciplinary design consulting firm specializing in Telecommunications systems, Audiovisual and Security system design, Acoustics, and Vibration, is hiring a Principal-level Telecommunications consultant to work in our Los Angeles, CA office. This is a hybrid position with a flexible schedule.
The ideal candidate has:
- Significant experience working in the Telecommunications field
- Consulting and project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, management, and clients
- Experience writing proposals and assisting with group business development, across our different markets including corporate/commercial, higher education, and healthcare
- Strong project-related client-facing experience, related to design team meetings, working with clients to develop the basis of design for Telecommunications systems, etc.
- Ability to produce bid specifications and drawings
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work both in teams and independently, on multiple projects simultaneously
- Electronic security system design expertise is a plus
The candidate will also need to understand the Audiovisual and Security side of Acentech’s business to assist the group in interfacing Telecommunication systems with those systems.
- Provide mentorship to junior consultants
- Collaborate with CAD department staff on projects, and assist with company’s drafting standards efforts
- Attend client meetings, produce meeting minutes, prepare program reports, and develop budgets
- Design with minimal assistance, Telecom systems document packages. This includes:
- Written program descriptions
- Excel spreadsheet budgets
- Assembling catalog cut sheet submittals
- Detail drawings indicating mounting/installation methods
- Electrical requirements for supporting Telecommunication system requirements
- Plan, functional, and detail drawings suitable for bidding
- Bid specifications
- Visit project sites to develop observation reports during construction and at the completion of construction to develop punch list reports
- Participate in marketing and business development activities, including attending networking events in areas of your professional interest, preparing presentations for non-peer conferences aimed at developing Acentech business, and authoring blog posts or other articles intended for business development-oriented publications
Salary range is $120,000 – $145,000.
With a professional staff of more than 65 consultants, Acentech is one of the oldest and largest organizations of its type. We foster a highly collaborative environment and we actively look for candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise. Acentech places a high value on a diverse workforce, and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We value our culture and our staff and place a premium on work-life balance. We are extremely proud of being a 100% employee-owned firm.
Acentech is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including three weeks of vacation for starting employees, 11 paid holidays, 80 hours of paid sick leave, health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid including reimbursement for 100% of deductible costs, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), and many other benefits. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Apply for Position
(Fields marked with an asterisk * are required)
- 3 weeks paid vacation per year (to start)
- 11 holidays per year (10 fixed, 1 floating)
- 2 weeks paid sick and personal time
- Health insurance – 80% of the monthly premium and 100% deductibles paid by Acentech
- Fertility Assistance
- Gender Affirming Assistance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – 3x salary paid by Acentech
- Company paid Short- and Long-term disability
- Paid parental leave
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with profit sharing
- Paid membership in a peer professional society
- Paid membership in client industry associations
- Peer seminars and conferences
- Hybrid/flexible schedules
- Company matching of charitable contributions
- Lots of fun, not-strictly-work activities
- Summer hours all year round