Telecommunications, Telecom, Information Technology, IT and Technology. These are all terms that are often misused in the A/E/C community. The intent of this blog is to…
"I find my role at Acentech very satisfying. Our projects are usually the most exciting and interesting projects in my career. I admire leaders and innovators who persevere and beat the odds. I work with design teams from around the world and my colleagues are some of the most talented, respected people in the business.”
Jay Epstein has more than 25 years of high level design and consulting experience in complex telecommunications and security projects. He has extensive knowledge of cable infrastructure designs for data, voice, video, security, audiovisual, intercom/public address, and telephone systems, as well as extensive knowledge of wireless network design with predictive modeling software. He is skilled in designing IP video and access control systems and cloud based systems. Jay’s experience spans a wide range of industries including higher education, commercial, government, healthcare and residential facilities.
As a Principal at Acentech, Jay excels in client service and is hands-on with projects from start to final walk-through, ensuring proper design and installation, and end-user satisfaction. His professional designation of Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) and his years of experience enable Jay to understand and fulfill the client’s vision.
Jay serves on Acentech’s Higher Education market team, and is responsible for Esports marketing strategy, client development and industry thought leadership.
Chilling, New England Style
When I’m not at work, I love to be out on the ocean. In the summertime, my passion is fishing for striped bass and bluefish from my ocean kayak. Here is a favorite spot of mine along the rocks off Swampscott. My favorite quote is “Win the morning, win the day.”
- Genetec Design Certified Consultant
- BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), Member
- Building Industry Consulting Service International Inc. (BICSI), Member
- American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) International, Member
- ITT Technical Institute, Associates Degree, Commercial Engineering Building Technologies
- Northeast Institute of Industrial Technologies, Certificate Program, Electrical Apprenticeship