Here at Acentech, we’ve taken note of the latest viral phenomenon to capture the attention of the internet. A high school student looked up the word…
“As a teenager, I worked for a company building subwoofers. This experience ultimately steered me to engineering and acoustics. After graduate school, I spent five years working in the defense industry until a move to Boston made it possible to take a position with Acentech. Being a consultant guarantees that no two projects are alike, which keeps things interesting. I also really enjoy the cross-discipline nature of the acoustics practice at Acentech.”
Bill Yoder consults with government and commercial clients on projects dealing with acoustics, sound quality, and vibration. His areas of expertise include noise and vibration control, product noise shaping, architectural acoustics, signal processing and analysis, and applied acoustics research. Some of his project experience includes commercial and consumer product noise testing, research for various branches of the United States Department of Defense, and measurement of noise and vibration for architectural, environmental, and research needs. Additionally, Bill develops hardware and software solutions for the purposes of long-term, unmanned remote monitoring of acoustic and vibration signals, including implementation of real-time alarms and streaming data.
Did you know?
“When I’m not at work, I enjoy spending time with my family, brewing beer, riding a motorcycle, working on projects around the house, and occasionally dumpster diving.”
- Acoustical Society of America, Robert Bradford Newman Medal, 2004 recipient “for excellence in the study of acoustics and its application to architecture”
- Noise Control Engineering Coursework, Institute of Noise Control Engineering
- Pennsylvania State University, Graduate Level Acoustics Coursework
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering