“Acoustical consulting combines many topics I find to be interesting into one field: math, science, technology, music, architecture, design, construction... It took me a while to discover the field of architectural acoustics, but doing so has allowed the pursuit of many areas for which I have a passion.”
Jay Bliefnick joined Acentech as a full time acoustics consultant, after interning at our Cambridge headquarters for two summers during his PhD candidacy at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. His experience includes consulting on architectural acoustics design and noise issues for a multitude of project types, including healthcare, research facilities, performing arts, education, multi-family residential, and retail. He conducts acoustical measurements and analyses, reviews new and existing construction, and provides noise remediation for both interior and exterior environments.
When he is not working, you can find Jay traveling and exploring the outdoors with his German Shepherd, Orion. He is also an avid cyclist and golfer who enjoys any chance to get outside.
- Acoustical Society of America, Member
- Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE-USA), Member
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Doctor of Philosophy in Architectural Engineering
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Master of Science in Architectural Engineering
- Columbia College Chicago, Bachelor of Science in Acoustics