“When I was presented with the opportunity to work at Acentech, the ‘Goldman Sachs’ equivalent in our field, I thought it would have been foolish to not join their team and have access to interesting opportunities and resources.”
Alex Aquila is a multi-dimensional acoustician with over five years of consulting experience, concentrating on room shaping, sound isolation, mechanical systems noise and vibration control testing and mitigation, and LEED acoustic design. He consults on diverse architectural acoustics teams providing project management during all phases of design and construction administration for a broad range of building types. His portfolio includes educational, healthcare, research lab facilities, museums, performance halls, recording studios, sports, and trucking facilities.
“Outside of work, I am never sitting still. I enjoy Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, powerlifting, running, yoga, and keeping up with my furry ‘son’ Dozer on long hikes! My favorite quote is from Theodore Roosevelt, our 26th President: “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly…”
- United States Green Building Council (USGBC), LEED Green Associate, Member
- Acoustical Society of America (ASA), Member
- Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE), Member
- Leo Beranek Student Medal for Excellence in the Study of Noise Control, 2018
- University of Hartford, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with an Acoustics Concentration and Minor in Mathematics, 2018