We seek to hire an experienced acoustics consultant to work in our Architectural Acoustics and Mechanical Noise Control Group located in Southern California.
This senior-level position is client-facing, hands-on consulting for the full range of our projects, including commercial, civic, education, worship, residential, healthcare, and performing arts. You will work alongside some of the best acoustical consultants in the country to provide excellent guidance to our clients – architects, engineers, building owners, arts organizations, and other user groups. Our consultants are involved with all aspects of project management – from proposal writing to final construction and project closeout. Acentech’s consultants are actively involved with many professional societies (ASA, INCE, and others), and support the firm’s marketing and business development efforts.
Experience and background well suited to this position include:
- 10+ years working for an acoustics consulting firm.
- Proven acoustics consulting project management experience.
- Providing consulting related to room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical system noise and vibration control on a variety of project types.
- Evaluating community and environmental noise.
- Reading and interpreting building drawings and specifications.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Skill and interest in developing business, and an eagerness to be one of the “faces” of Acentech.
- Passion for their work – for buildings, for sound, for music.
Additional experience that is beneficial (but not required to apply) includes:
- A working understanding of vibration isolation.
- Performing acoustics measurements, in accordance with ANSI, ASTM, and ISO standards.
- Familiarity with acoustical modeling software, noise modeling software, AutoCAD, and/or Revit.
- A Master’s degree in a field directly or closely related to architectural acoustics.
- Demonstrated leadership in the field, via speaking engagements, byline articles, blog posts, etc.
Acentech is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm specializing in acoustics, noise and vibration control, audiovisual systems, telecommunications, and security system design, serving a diverse group of clients across the United States from our strategically located offices. With a professional staff of more than 65 consultants, Acentech is one of the oldest and largest organizations of its type. We foster a highly collaborative environment and we actively look for candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise. Acentech places a high value on a diverse workforce, and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We value our culture and our staff and place a premium on work-life balance. We are extremely proud of being a 100% employee-owned firm.
Acentech is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including three weeks of vacation for starting employees, 11 paid holidays, 80 hours of paid sick leave, health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid including reimbursement for 100% of deductible costs, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), and many other benefits. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Apply for Position
(Fields marked with an asterisk * are required)
- 3 weeks paid vacation/year
- 11 holidays per year (10 fixed, 1 floating)
- Paid sick and personal time
- Health insurance – 4/5 of the monthly premium and 100% deductibles paid by Acentech
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – 3x salary paid by Acentech
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) plan with profit sharing
- Paid parental leave
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid membership in a peer professional society
- Paid membership in client industry associations
- Peer seminars and conferences
- Company matching of charitable contributions
- Hybrid/flexible schedules
- Flexible work locations
- Lots of fun, not-strictly-work activities