Acentech, a multi-disciplinary design consulting firm specializing in acoustics, vibration, audiovisual systems, IT and security system design seeks to hire a mid-level consultant to work in our Noise and Vibration Group in Cambridge, MA.
The position is client-facing, hands-on consulting for the full range of our projects, including science and technology, commercial, environmental, industrial, healthcare and education. Duties include data analysis and field measurements, modeling, preparing reports and presenting findings, communicating with clients, writing proposals, managing projects and participating in business development activities.
The ideal candidate has:
- 2 to 5 years of experience working in a vibration/acoustics field.
- Degree in engineering or science, with coursework or specialization in vibration and acoustics.
- Consulting and project management experience.
- Interested in developing business, and an eagerness to become one of the “faces” of Acentech.
- Familiarity with vibration/acoustics measurement instrumentation and related data processing and analysis.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Self-motivation. Ability to work both in teams and independently on multiple, simultaneous projects. Ability to work within project budgets and timelines.
- Passion for their work and attention to detail.
- Expertise with the MS Office suite of tools.
- Familiarity with MATLAB a plus.
- Finite-element analysis a plus.
- Acoustical/noise modeling software a plus.
- Willingness to travel and conduct field work (sometimes on nights and weekends).
- Acentech’s consultants are actively involved with many professional societies and industry associations (ASA, INCE, and others).
With over 60 consultants, Acentech is one of the largest organizations of its type. We foster a collaborative environment of diverse talent, and actively look for candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise.
Acentech is proud to be a 100% employee-owned firm. Through our ESOP, Acentech ownership is widely distributed amongst our employees.
Acentech is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Acentech strongly encourages qualified women, people of color, LGBTQA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents and veterans to submit a cover letter and resume online.
Candidates must be able to work legally in the United States.
Apply for Position
(Fields marked with an asterisk * are required)
- 3 weeks paid vacation/year
- 11 holidays per year (10 fixed, 1 floating)
- Paid sick and personal time
- Health insurance – 4/5 of the monthly premium and 100% deductibles paid by Acentech
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – 3x salary paid by Acentech
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) plan with profit sharing
- Paid parental leave
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid membership in a peer professional society
- Paid membership in client industry associations
- Peer seminars and conferences
- Company matching of charitable contributions
- Hybrid/flexible schedules
- Flexible work locations
- Lots of fun, not-strictly-work activities