The Marketing Communications Specialist is an integral role in Acentech’s marketing / business development operations and is a member of the Marketing Group. The ideal candidate requires a creative mindset with strong writing skills to formulate content to support our communication initiatives to build Acentech’s national brand presence as an acoustics and technology consulting practice. The role demands effective messaging of corporate, marketing and technical topics through text, images, infographics, and visual tools across online/social media communication channels to reach a broad audience within our targeted market sectors.
Effective collaboration with the Marketing Group and our technical consultants in the sourcing of content and materials for our marketing collateral and social /digital marketing efforts are essential skills for success. Overall duties include consistently ensuring high quality content using a structured content development process, developing various digital marketing materials, sourcing images and artwork, collating content, updating online assets, and handling general digital marketing activities. This position will also provide additional support to the daily Marketing Group operations, as required.
Reports To: Strategic Marketing Officer
Areas of Responsibility
Marketing Collateral Development
Responsible for creating and regularly maintaining marketing collateral materials, to ensure consistency of brand standards, messaging and technical accuracy of the content.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the firm’s portfolio and expertise, continually evolving the content in response to trends impacting our vertical markets and to translate them into actionable marketing content
- Partner with Vertical Market Leader(s) to develop market-specific content for targeted project types
- Support the maintenance of staff resumes, service profiles, experience profiles, and specific business information related to proposal and qualification responses
- Work with Marketing Manager to assist in maintaining project summaries and photography database used in collateral development
Using the latest technical tools available, create and manage marketing campaigns on multiple digital platforms to expand our national brand messaging. Contribute to the design and implementation of campaign strategies for thought leadership and innovation activities, new service offerings, regional expansions, and talent acquisitions, etc. Campaign programs may include the development and promotion of podcasts, videos, etc.
Social Media Marketing
Organize and implement our marketing content/specific marketing campaigns across our social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram). Develop and maintain annual social media calendar in coordination with Marketing Manager’s communication plan. Tasks include tracking of social media performance and their effectiveness in promoting to targeted audiences. Keep informed and aware of the latest developments in the social media industry, and its impact on Acentech’s digital marketing strategies.
Website Content Development
Responsible for all activities related to the updating and maintenance of Acentech’s website content. Tasks include ensuring all content is up to date, adding new content and visuals, etc.
Oversight of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and other digital marketing analytics reporting to monitor results of specific web pages and content. Interface with SEO Consultant on recommendations for optimization, and assist with making appropriate improvements.
Qualifications | Skills
Must have demonstrated experience (samples of work) utilizing these skills, as follows:
- Writing skills –ability to develop strong copy to reinforce the firm’s corporate branding and technical expertise; excellent editing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Communication skills–have skills in interviewing, listening, and using appropriate language to gather information to organize and develop content
- Social media platforms –knowledge and experience with the most current social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and other channels
- Email marketing –knowledge and experience with email marketing campaign software (MailChimp), email data management and compliance requirements for anti-spam regulation
- Marketing automation –understanding of marketing automation and SEO and SEM campaign tools (Google platform) and web coding, such as of Content Management Systems (CSS) and (WordPress)
Education | Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or English
- 5+ years of marketing experience in the Architectural/Engineering/Construction Industry is required
- Involvement in the Society of Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) is required
Acentech is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Acentech strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Apply for Position
(Fields marked with an asterisk * are required)
- 3 weeks paid vacation/year
- 11 holidays per year (10 fixed, 1 floating)
- Paid sick and personal time
- Health insurance – 4/5 of the monthly premium and 100% deductibles paid by Acentech
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – 3x salary paid by Acentech
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) plan with profit sharing
- Paid parental leave
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid membership in a peer professional society
- Paid membership in client industry associations
- Peer seminars and conferences
- Company matching of charitable contributions
- Hybrid/flexible schedules
- Flexible work locations
- Lots of fun, not-strictly-work activities