Acentech has looking to hire a seasoned AEC marketing/business development professional to join our Marketing Group responsible for the implementation of Acentech’s business development strategy within the Mid-Atlantic region. Our Mid-Atlantic office is based near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and defined by the States of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. Acentech’s established Mid-Atlantic office services both regional and national clients and projects across all our strategic market sectors located in the region.
The Business Development Manager is a critical functionary role to Acentech’s marketing/BD operations and is directly aligned to the firm’s strategic plan’s growth goals. The role is externally focused on building relationships with strategically identified clients across all of our targeted markets and service offerings. The role demands a high level of industry networking and client outreach activity with the goal of identifying key decision makers within our target clients (architects, etc.), and developing and sustaining relationships with those key decision makers in the region.
Areas of Responsibility include: Lead Sourcing / Proposal Generation; Execution of specific business development action plans developed by the Strategic Marketing Officer, BD Manager and senior consulting staff in the Mid-Atlantic office; tracking of all activities in CRM; Client Target Research; Industry Networking / Client Organization Involvement; Brand Visibility; and Performance Reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English or other Business Related discipline preferred
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of similar work experience in the AEC industry
- Knowledge of AEC business development and procurement practices, and proposal development (RFP/RFQ/SOQ)
- Track record of creating qualifications and proposals for AEC market sectors and building types
- Knowledge of Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems, including experience with Deltek Vision CRM
- Proven ability to take direction, and manage and execute tasks with high level of initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (advanced InDesign skills) and Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Involvement in the Society of Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) in the region is required
- Must have the ability to travel to attend industry events and client meetings outside normal business hours
Acentech is a multidisciplinary consulting firm specializing in architectural acoustics, vibration control, and audiovisual, telecommunications and security system design. We are one of the oldest and largest organizations of our type with roots stretching back more than 70 years. Acentech fosters a collaborative environment of diverse talent, and we actively seek candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise.
Acentech is proud to be a 100% employee-owned firm. Through our ESOP, Acentech ownership is widely distributed amongst our employees. Acentech is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits, including three weeks of vacation for starting employees, ten paid holidays, eighty hours of paid sick leave, health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid including reimbursement for 100% of deductible costs, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), and many other benefits. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume online.
Apply for Position
(Fields marked with an asterisk * are required)
- 3 weeks paid vacation/year
- 10 holidays per year (9 fixed, 1 floating)
- Paid sick and personal time
- Health insurance – 4/5 of the monthly premium and 100% deductibles paid by Acentech
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – 3x salary paid by Acentech
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) plan with profit sharing
- Paid parental leave
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid membership in a peer professional society
- Paid membership in client industry associations
- Peer seminars and conferences
- Onsite wellness room
- Flexible schedules
- Flexible work locations
- Lots of fun, not-strictly-work activities