Acentech, a multi-disciplinary design consulting firm specializing in Audiovisual systems, Telecommunications and Security system design, Acoustics, and Vibration, is hiring a Consultant-level Audiovisual consultant to work in our Cambridge, MA office. This is a hybrid position with a flexible schedule.
The ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years of experience working in the Audiovisual field,
- AVIXA CTS Certification preferred,
- Drafting and system design experience,
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively,
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work both in teams and independently, on multiple projects simultaneously,
- Working knowledge of the telecommunications and acoustic requirements for Audiovisual systems a plus.
- Collaborate with CAD department staff on projects, and assist with company’s drafting standards efforts,
- Attend client meetings, project meetings, and produce meeting notes,
- Assist with the development and documentation of Audiovisual system design packages, including:
- Written program/narrative documents with estimated budgets
- Assembling catalog cut sheet submittals
- Detail drawings indicating mounting/installation methods
- Electrical, Telecom, and HVAC requirements for supporting Audiovisual system requirements
- Plan, riser, signal flow and detail drawings suitable for bidding
- Bid specifications
- Assist with Bid and Construction Administration related tasks, such as:
- Review and respond to requests for information (RFI’s)
- Review and level bids from multiple contractors
- Review and respond to contractor’s submittals
- Participate in system acceptance tests and development of punch list reports
- Participate in marketing and business development activities, including attending networking events in areas of your professional interest, and authoring blog posts or other articles intended for business development-oriented publications.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies products/services, guidelines, standards and their applicability to potential projects.
With a professional staff of more than 65 consultants, Acentech is one of the oldest and largest organizations of its type. We foster a highly collaborative environment and we actively look for candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise. Acentech places a high value on a diverse workforce, and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We value our culture and our staff and place a premium on work-life balance. We are extremely proud of being a 100% employee-owned firm.
Acentech is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including three weeks of vacation for starting employees, 11 paid holidays, 80 hours of paid sick leave, health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid including reimbursement for 100% of deductible costs, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), and many other benefits. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Apply for Position
(Fields marked with an asterisk * are required)
- 3 weeks paid vacation per year (to start)
- 11 holidays per year (10 fixed, 1 floating)
- 2 weeks paid sick and personal time
- Health insurance – 80% of the monthly premium and 100% deductibles paid by Acentech
- Fertility Assistance
- Gender Affirming Assistance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – 3x salary paid by Acentech
- Company paid Short- and Long-term disability
- Paid parental leave
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with profit sharing
- Paid membership in a peer professional society
- Paid membership in client industry associations
- Peer seminars and conferences
- Hybrid/flexible schedules
- Company matching of charitable contributions
- Lots of fun, not-strictly-work activities
- Summer hours all year round