Acentech is looking for a consultant to work in our Architectural Acoustics and Mechanical Noise Control Group located in Cambridge, MA. We’re an employee-owned company building a diverse and inclusive workforce; be part of our growth!
This mid-level position is client-facing, hands-on consulting for the full range of our projects, including commercial, civic, education, worship, residential, healthcare, and performing arts. You will collaborate with some of the best acoustical consultants in the country to provide excellent guidance to our clients – architects, engineers, building owners, arts organizations, and other user groups. Our consultants are involved with all aspects of project management – from proposal writing to final construction and project closeout. Acentech’s consultants are involved with many professional societies (ASA, INCE, and others), and support the firm’s marketing and business development efforts.
Experience and background well suited to this position include:
- 2+ years of experience in consulting related to room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical system noise and vibration control on a variety of project types.
- Community and environmental noise evaluation.
- Reading and interpreting building drawings and specifications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal.
- Experience with acoustical modeling software, noise modeling software, AutoCAD and/or Revit, and standard word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Passion for the work – for buildings, for sound, for music.
If you don’t meet all of these qualifications, but still think you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, we would love to get to know you more and encourage you to apply!
Acentech is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm specializing in acoustics, noise and vibration control, audiovisual systems, telecommunications, and security system design, serving a diverse group of clients across the United States from our strategically located offices. With a professional staff of more than 65 consultants, Acentech is one of the oldest and largest organizations of its type. We value our culture and our staff and place a premium on a healthy work-life balance. We are extremely proud of being a 100% employee-owned firm.
Acentech is an equal opportunity employer. We foster a highly collaborative environment of diverse talent, and encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, neurodivergent people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Apply for Position
(Fields marked with an asterisk * are required)
- 3 weeks paid vacation per year (to start)
- 11 holidays per year (10 fixed, 1 floating)
- 2 weeks paid sick and personal time
- Health insurance – 80% of the monthly premium and 100% deductibles paid by Acentech
- Fertility Assistance
- Gender Affirming Assistance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – 3x salary paid by Acentech
- Company paid Short- and Long-term disability
- Paid parental leave
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with profit sharing
- Paid membership in a peer professional society
- Paid membership in client industry associations
- Peer seminars and conferences
- Hybrid/flexible schedules
- Company matching of charitable contributions
- Lots of fun, not-strictly-work activities
- Summer hours all year round