Architectural Acoustics Intern
Acentech is looking for interns to work in our Architectural Mechanical Group to experience opportunities to learn, conduct research, and build skills in architectural acoustics and mechanical noise control engineering. We expect that you will be able to assist us in numerous ways: with acoustics field measurements, processing acoustic data, furthering our acoustics research, serving our clients, and assisting with internal office tasks. Your work will be supervised by members of our architectural acoustics and mechanical noise control consulting group, and will be approximately evenly split between project work and internal research. We will work with you in the opening days of your internship to identify an internal research project of mutual interest and utility.
Acentech is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Acentech strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apply for Position
(Fields marked with an asterisk * are required)
- 3 weeks paid vacation per year (to start)
- 11 holidays per year (10 fixed, 1 floating)
- 2 weeks paid sick and personal time
- Health insurance – 80% of the monthly premium and 100% deductibles paid by Acentech
- Fertility Assistance
- Gender Affirming Assistance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – 3x salary paid by Acentech
- Company paid Short- and Long-term disability
- Paid parental leave
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with profit sharing
- Paid membership in a peer professional society
- Paid membership in client industry associations
- Peer seminars and conferences
- Hybrid/flexible schedules
- Company matching of charitable contributions
- Lots of fun, not-strictly-work activities
- Summer hours all year round