Thanks to longstanding and continued success, Acentech is growing. We seek to hire a Senior IT and Security Systems Design Consultant to work in our Systems Group in Cambridge, MA. The position is client-facing, hands-on consulting for the full range of our projects, including higher education, science and tech, commercial, healthcare, and performing arts. The ideal candidate has:
- 5 to 7 years of experience with the design of IT infrastructure and electronic security systems
- A bachelor’s degree in an engineering field directly related to Acentech’s work
- BICSI RCDD Certification or currently studying for the RCDD certification
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of industry standards and codes
- Successful project management experience
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Demonstrated leadership in the field, via speaking engagements, byline articles, blog posts, etc.
- Design IT infrastructure and electronic security systems bid packages that meet industry standards that include drawings, installation details, and specifications.
- Work with clients and design team to develop the basis of design for IT infrastructure and electronic security systems.
- Prepare electrical requirement drawings.
- Review product submittals.
- Attend project meetings and site visits as needed.
- Assist with the company’s CAD/REVIT standardization efforts.
Acentech is a nationally recognized multi-disciplinary design consulting firm specializing in acoustics, vibration, audiovisual system, IT and security system design. The company serves a diverse group of clients from its offices in Cambridge, MA; Trevose, PA; and Los Angeles, CA. With a professional staff of more than 60 consultants, Acentech is one of the oldest and largest organizations of its type. Acentech fosters a collaborative environment of diverse talent, and we actively look for candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise.
Acentech is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including three weeks of vacation for starting employees, ten paid holidays, eighty hours of paid sick leave, health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid including reimbursement for 100% of deductible costs, tuition reimbursement, 401K, and many other benefits. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States.