June 18, 2018
Acentech is an Acoustics, Vibration, Audiovisual, Information Technology, and Security consulting firm with offices in Cambridge MA, Philadelphia PA, and Los Angeles CA. Acentech has provided world-class consulting services for more than 65 years, dating back to its origins at Bolt, Beranek and Newman. The Systems Group at Acentech provides Audiovisual (AV), Information Technology (IT), and Security consulting services to our diverse group of clients that includes architects, engineers, and real estate developers for projects in higher-education, corporate commercial, healthcare, performance spaces, and museums.
We are seeking a Consultant for our Boston office to team with Principal and Senior Consultants in designing Technology Systems, primarily, IT Infrastructure and security systems for our clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in IT infrastructure design and security systems. You will assist in the design, production, field coordination, and commissioning of IT infrastructure and security systems. You will be a self-starter who does not require intensive oversight and assistance. The work that you will be expected to provide on multiple concurrent projects includes:
1. Design IT infrastructure bid packages that meet ANSI/TIA 568, 569, 606, 607 standards that include:
a) Working with clients to develop the basis of design for IT infrastructure and security systems,
b) Installation detail drawings,
c) Electrical requirement drawings,
d) Plan and detail drawings suitable for bidding,
e) Writing bid specifications,
f) Review product submittals,
2. Attend project meetings and site visits as needed.
3. Assist with company’s AV, IT, and CAD/REVIT standardization efforts.
You will also be expected to become familiar with the audiovisual side of Acentech’s business to assist the group in interfacing IT systems with AV systems.
Preferred Background and Experience
1. The candidate will have 2 to 4 years experience with design of IT infrastructure systems.
2. BS in an engineering field directly related to IT infrastructure system design.
3. BICSI RCDD Certified or Infocomm CTS-D.
4. Highly experienced in the operation of AutoCAD, REVIT, and Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Working knowledge of industry standards and codes.
Acentech fosters a collaborative environment of diverse talent, and we actively look for candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise. Acentech offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including:
1. Three weeks of vacation for starting employees,
2. Ten paid holidays,
3. Two weeks of paid sick leave,
4. Paid health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid including reimbursement for 100% of deductable costs,
5. Tuition reimbursement,
6. 401K and many other exceptional benefits.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume and salary requirements to ITJobs@acentech.com, or to apply below: