June 18, 2018
Consultant -Audiovisual Systems Designer
We are seeking Consultants for our Boston and Philadelphia offices to team with Principal and Senior Consultants in designing audiovisual systems. The candidate must demonstrate the use of efficient design techniques, the ability to write clear and accurate reports and the ability to meet schedule deadlines. The consultant must have excellent interpersonal skills and work well with the members of the design team. Travel to client sites in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic region is required with occasional domestic or international travel. The work that the candidate will be expected to provide on multiple concurrent projects includes:
—Working with the other consultants in the Systems Group to assist in the preparation of:
- Basis of Design Narrative and Budget Estimate
- Contract Documents that include:
—Attend programming and project meetings, visit sites during construction, and perform commissioning on completed AV systems.
—Occasionally attend business development events.
—Assist with AV, IT, and CAD/REVIT standardization efforts.
You will also be expected to become familiar with the IT side of Acentech’s business to assist the group in interfacing AV systems with IT systems.
Preferred Background and Experience
- BS in an engineering field directly related to audiovisual system design or two to four years of directly-related professional audiovisual design experience.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the main components of professional AV systems including, but not limited to: projection and display systems, digital signage, audio reinforcement and playback systems, videoconferencing, and digital signal processing.
- InfoComm CTS, CTS-D or CTS-I certification.
- Audiovisual manufacturer certifications such as AMX, Crestron, Extron, Q-SYS, etc. a plus.
- Experienced in the operation of AutoCAD, REVIT, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Practical knowledge of converged data networking.
- Working knowledge of industry standards and codes.
Acentech fosters a collaborative environment of diverse talent, and we actively look for candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise. Acentech offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits, including:
- Three weeks of vacation for starting employees
- Ten paid holidays
- Two weeks of paid sick leave,
- Health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid,
including reimbursement for 100% of deductable costs,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- 401K and many other exceptional benefits.
Please visit our website at www.acentech.com for additional information about our company.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume and salary requirements to: AVJobs@acentech.com