Acentech seeks to hire an Acoustics/Vibration consultant to work in our Noise and Vibration Group in Cambridge, MA. The position is client-facing, hands-on consulting for the full range of our projects, including science and tech, commercial, civic, education, residential, healthcare, and performing arts. Duties include data analysis and field measurements, modeling, preparing reports and presenting findings, communicating with clients, writing proposals and participating in business development activities.
The ideal candidate has:
- 1-3 years of experience working in a vibration/acoustics field.
- Degree in engineering or sciences, with coursework or specialization in vibration and acoustics.
- Consulting and project management experience.
- Interested in developing business, and an eagerness to become one of the “faces” of Acentech.
- Familiarity with vibration/acoustics measurement instrumentation and related data processing and analysis.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Self-motivation. Ability to work in teams and independently on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Passion for their work and attention to detail.
- Expertise with the MS Office suite of tools.
- Familiarity with MATLAB a plus.
- Finite-element analysis a plus.
- Acoustical/noise modeling software a plus.
- Acentech’s consultants are actively involved with many professional societies and industry associations (ASA, INCE, and others). Consultants also support the firm’s marketing and business development efforts. Our consultants are involved with all aspects of project and client management – from proposal writing to post-completion checkouts.
Acentech is a multidisciplinary consulting firm specializing in architectural acoustics, vibration control, and audiovisual, telecommunications and security system design. We are one of the oldest and largest organizations of our type with roots stretching back more than 70 years. Acentech fosters a collaborative environment of diverse talent, and we actively seek candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise.
Acentech is proud to be a 100% employee-owned firm. Through our ESOP, Acentech ownership is widely distributed amongst our employees. Acentech is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits, including three weeks of vacation for starting employees, ten paid holidays, eighty hours of paid sick leave, health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid including reimbursement for 100% of deductible costs, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), and many other benefits. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume online.