Thanks to longstanding and continued success, Acentech is growing. We seek to hire an acoustics consultant to work in our Architectural Acoustics and Mechanical Noise Control Group in Trevose, Pennsylvania. The position is client-facing, hands-on consulting for the full range of our projects, including commercial, civic, education, worship, residential, healthcare, and performing arts. The ideal candidate has:
- A firm grasp on the underlying principles of room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical system noise and vibration control
- Familiarity with various acoustics measurements, in accordance with ANSI, ASTM, and ISO standards
- Experience reading and interpreting building drawings and specifications
- Experience with acoustical modeling software, noise modeling software, AutoCAD and/or Revit, and standard word processing and spreadsheet programs
- An interest in developing business and an eagerness to be one of the “faces” of Acentech
- A Masters degree in a field directly or closely related to architectural acoustics
- Passion for his or her work – for buildings, for sound, for music.
- Up to 5 years of experience working for an acoustics consulting firm
- Proven experience with successful project management is a big plus.
Acentech’s consultants are actively involved with many professional societies (ASA, INCE, and others). Consultants support the firm’s marketing and business development efforts. Our consultants are involved with all aspects of project management – from the writing of the proposal to final checkout.
Acentech is a nationally recognized multi-disciplinary design consulting firm specializing in acoustics, vibration, audiovisual system, IT and security system design. The company serves a diverse group of clients from its offices in Cambridge, MA; Trevose, PA; and Los Angeles, CA. With a professional staff of more than 50 consultants, Acentech is one of the oldest and largest organizations of its type. Acentech fosters a collaborative environment of diverse talent, and we actively look for candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise.
Acentech is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including three weeks of vacation for starting employees, ten paid holidays, eighty hours of paid sick leave, health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid including reimbursement for 100% of deductible costs, tuition reimbursement, 401K, and many other benefits. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States.